This was my alternative to a pumpkin bread recipe I’ve made during the holiday for years. I searched for this one and made my younger sister VERY happy. These are delicious but must be eaten within a few days MAX. Enjoy!
Once again: Cannot locate a photo of these. I WILL take photos of baked goods and other stuff I make from now on, I promise.
Pumpkin Bread (modified* original recipe found on WellnessMama.com)
Breakfast, serves 4-6
Prep Time: 5 minutes
1 cup of pumpkin puree (pumpkin only – check the ingredients)
¼ cup unsalted butter, softened* (option was coconut oil)
½ cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp ground allspice
½ tsp ground cloves
¼ cup maple syrup, Grade B*
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Put ALL ingredients in a medium sized bowl
- Using a strong whisk or immersion blender (I used the whisk attachment on my hand mixer), mix until smooth, fluffy and well incorporated. If batter is too thick, add a little less than a tablespoon of water or coconut milk. Batter will be somewhat thick.
- Put in to a greased (buttered) 8 x 8 baking dish, or muffin tin (1/4 cup of batter per muffin) [NOTE: loaf pans do not work well]
- Bake for 25-30 minutes (check center with toothpick for firmness, and lightly browned color. (Muffins – bake for 15-20 minutes)